Senior Underwriter – Asset Finance – London 80% home based – up to £85,000 + bonus & excellent benefits
Our client a leading fast expanding lessor seek a Senior Underwriter to joins its credit team. Reporting to the Head of Credit & Risk this is a specialised role with the opportunity and autonomy to help build and shape a market leading Asset Finance underwriting function. The scope is to work as a senior member of the underwriting team supporting higher value deals , typically £750,000 to £3m+ across specialist lines and receivables business.
This position will have responsibility for the end-to-end underwriting process; including representing the function at Credit Committees, when applicable, with the ability to influence lending decisions and has dual responsibilities.
The primary responsibility will involve the underwriting of security structured and refinance transactions acting as the liaison for the Sales and 2nd Line Credit teams.
The second responsibility of the role will be to underwrite other Asset Finance transactions and in particular Middle Ticket proposals across both hard and soft assets , as and when required.
As a key liaison point for Asset Finance, this position will be focused across the Asset Finance business in providing market intelligence and commentary which will influence Sales, Credit, Operations, Audit, Proposal Management and Collections in ensuring that the full risk profile of assets is fully articulated in the lending process and in manging the risk profile of the book.
- Timely and accurate underwriting decisions within a higher level delegated authority and recommendations to senior management and Transactional Credit Committee where outside of personal mandate
- Prepare comprehensive financial analysis identifying all material financial and other risks and opportunities in order to arrive at a balanced and informed recommendation
- Undertakes all appropriate diligence in respect of transactions, including reference to relevant bureaus, referencing agencies & other external sources ensuring alignment to the clients risk policies
- Maintains active watch over portfolio performance & awareness of market trends
- Able to liaise with key customers
Our client who are central London head quartered are operating a company hybrid working model of 5 days office based in a fortnight but in practice we are advised by the Head of Credit that a working model of being office based just 1 day a week as a credit team is the practical norm. Human Resources have confirmed that contractually a hybrid model will be part of the offer contract.
You must have
- Extensive experience in a relevant role within Credit / Risk Management in the asset finance sector – this is crucial
- The willingness, aptitude and gravitas to be a key member of a growing business
- Fundamental knowledge of accountancy and financial analysis of SME’s and corporates
- From a credit perspective, lending experience of SME and corporate clients
- Understanding of regulatory governance and ensuring compliance with lending and credit policies (including management of large exposures / concentration risk)
- Experience of refinancing and security structured transactions
Optimal applicants will also possess
- Experience of Block and Middle Ticket and / or mid-term lending
- Knowledge of developing polices and processes to support new business lines
- Experience of drafting and implementing policy
Preferred salary range extends to £85,000 plus a discretionary bonus plus excellent benefits.
Robinson Toms Recruitment
Shropshire SY11 3NA
Tel : + 44 (0)1691 – 670466
Fax : + 44 (0) 1691 – 672899
Robinson Toms Recruitment is a trading name of Robinson Toms Recruitment Limited. Registered in England co registration no 4081427. VAT registration no 831 6367 29
All Rights Reserved © 2000-2017
All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.