Model Validation Analyst – Asset Finance – City ( Hybrid ) to £50,000 + bonus & benefits
This is an exciting opportunity for an analyst with some experience in credit risk, modelling and/or model validation to work alongside experienced credit risk modellers and model validation experts and develop the skills required to become a Model Validation Manager.
The role requires the holder to undertake model validation activities across the Bank. The role will be expected to challenge the suitability and build integrity of Credit Risk, finance and capital and liquidity related models.
Initially the main focus will be the validation of regulatory models (IFRS 9 and stress testing) and finance models (corporate planning) but as the Bank expands its modelling capabilities, for example to include decisioning scorecards, cash flow models, etc, the role holder will be responsible for assessing new, as well as existing, models.
The analyst will work as part of a team and will be supported by highly experienced colleagues to enable them to assess key components of the aforementioned models and develop the skills required to be able to complete and end-to-end model validation and thus progress towards becoming a Model Validation Manager.
The role holder will also assist in developing the Bank’s Model Governance Framework and associated policies and liaising with other areas of the business to ensure the requirements are understood and adequately met.
You will :
- Provide technical review and challenge on key components of models across the Bank
- Work on full breadth of models, including IFRS 9, stress testing, finance models, application scorecards and operational scorecards.
- Assess key model components for new or pre-existing models under appropriate supervision.
- Qualitative reviews of model development and quantitative review of model performance
- Assist in developing the Model Governance Framework and associated documentation including liaising with key senior stakeholders
- Assist in preparing validation reports to the Model Governance Committee, including recommendations on how models can be improved and processes optimised
- Tracking and monitoring progress against validation recommendations (including the Risk Appetite Statement).
You need to be able to work from our clients City of London office for 3 days a week the balance can be home working
Please apply if you have the following skills / experience
- Strong mathematical and statistical background, including knowledge and understanding of statistical modelling techniques
- 2-4 years’ relevant experience, e.g. in credit risk, modelling and/or model Validation
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory models (IFRS 9 and Stress Testing) is desirable.
- Good programming skills, ideally including SAS
- Excellent written and presentational skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite, especially Excel.
- Problem solving
- Proven analytical ability
- Strong insight and proven ability to summarise succinctly
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Proven influencing and communication skills
- Evidence of balanced and independent judgement
- Willingness to learn
Salary to £50,000 plus bonus & excellent benefits.
Robinson Toms Recruitment
Shropshire SY11 3NA
Tel : + 44 (0)1691 – 670466
Fax : + 44 (0) 1691 – 672899
Robinson Toms Recruitment is a trading name of Robinson Toms Recruitment Limited. Registered in England co registration no 4081427. VAT registration no 831 6367 29
All Rights Reserved © 2000-2017
All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.