Mid Ticket Underwriter – Central London / part home based – salary range up to £88,000 + bonus & benefits
The Middle Ticket Underwriter position is an additional role within our clients mid ticket department as part of a broader business finance division. The role holder will have the opportunity to use their expertise and experience to influence, develop and shape the approach to underwriting for the existing middle ticket line of business.
Primary responsibilities will include leading and supporting the underwriting of the higher value proposals from the Middle Ticket specialist line with the flexibly when required to support the flow business. Having experience in Block underwriting would be an added benefit but not essential for this role. The position will have responsibility for the end to end underwriting process, including occasional customers visits, working closely with the Sales Managers to prepare the Credit Reports where required.
Within the core role/responsibilities, the role holder will be expected to use their credit and customer management skills to analyse and assess applications/requests and make suitable recommendations to senior management, 2nd Line Credit Risk and/or Transactional Credit Committee. Also when required to represent the function at Credit Committee, with the ability to influence lending decisions. The breadth of the role also entails preparing management information and reports for Senior management.
Key responsibilities include :
- Timely and accurate underwriting decisions within a personal delegated authority and recommendations to senior management and Transactional Credit Committee where outside of personal mandate
- Prepare comprehensive financial analysis and credit paper, identifying all material financial and other risks and opportunities in order to arrive at a balanced and informed recommendation
- To be fully knowledgeable of all bank Credit and compliance policies and underwrite accordingly
- Undertakes all appropriate diligence in respect of transactions, including reference to relevant bureaus, referencing agencies & other external sources ensuring alignment to the Bank’s risk policies
- Maintains active watch over portfolio performance & awareness of market trends
- Visit customer as required
- Contribute to continuous improvement of policies and procedures within the Banks Risk Management Framework
Whilst the role is normally based in central London our client are willing to allow the role to work from home 2 or possibly 3 days a week but it is not a wholly home based role and as such to apply you must be sensibly commutable to central London for part of each week.
To apply your overall experience must encompass :
- Extensive experience in a relevant middle ticket role Credit / Risk Management
- The willingness, aptitude and gravitas to be a key member of a growing business
- Fundamental knowledge of accountancy and financial analysis of SME’s and corporates and attention to detail
- From a credit perspective, lending experience of SME and corporate clients
- Understanding of regulatory governance and ensuring compliance with lending and credit policies (including management of large exposures / concentration risk)
- A collaborative team player with excellent communication skills, flexibility and adaptability
- The willingness to go beyond the norm to deliver excellent service and standards
- Highly numerate and literate with the ability to interrogate and summarise information and to write clear, concise and incisive reports
- Strong credit risk analysis skills, credit risk management skills and attention to detail
Salary range up to £88,000 + bonus & benefits
Robinson Toms Recruitment
Shropshire SY11 3NA
Tel : + 44 (0)1691 – 670466
Fax : + 44 (0) 1691 – 672899
Robinson Toms Recruitment is a trading name of Robinson Toms Recruitment Limited. Registered in England co registration no 4081427. VAT registration no 831 6367 29
All Rights Reserved © 2000-2017
All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.