Structured Finance Operations Manager – Thames Valley East to £65,000 + 25% bonus + company car and usual benefits
To lead and oversee the operation and control of bespoke and structured financial products introduced by our clients development teams in support of our clients vision to be the trusted brand for financial services in Europe and to be the first choice and household name for financial services by 2030. This will be delivered by achieving the mission of exceptional people, providing outstanding customer experiences today.
Implement reliable operational frameworks for structured finance that provide assurance to the SLT that the business unit is operating in a safe and compliant manner. Ensure risk awareness and mitigation is an integral part of the structured finance operating procedures and daily working methodologies.
Collaborate with the Business Development team and support with the introduction of new products and with overseeing all structured and bespoke transactions. Take responsibility for ensuring operational feasibility, documentation accuracy and adherence to regulatory and Group compliance requirements for the relevant country. Approve the execution and payout of all structured agreements within agreed delegations of authority.
Design, shape and implement processes to support the Business Development team with structured applications, new vendor programs and European expansion. Ensure suitable resources and controls are in place to manage the timely processing of structured finance products and support the transition to flow business where appropriate.
Support the New Business Operations manager coach and develop the New Business Operations team to continually improve technical expertise and develop the future operational leaders needed to support European growth ambitions. Actively contribute to the creation of an engaged and motivated operations function with a culture of excellent service at its core.
To enhance, develop and comply with all corporate governance requirements. Implement and maintain quality assurance processes and controls in relation to all operational activity (structured and flow). This includes identifying and performing key controls to mitigate risks.
Work collaboratively with other leaders in across the Group to create opportunities to support the success of our client.
In essence this role is one of ensuring that large complex structured transactions derived through our clients vendor partners and via our clients senior team of European business developers are correctly managed with minimal risk and that all risks are not only fully understood but are mitigated , the role also encompasses ensuring that such bespoke transactions can be properly managed and accounted for on our clients IT platform.
Skill requirements :
- Ability to create and implement and maintain a strong customer / structured finance offering
- Ability to interpret the needs of the customer / vendor
- Ability to read and interpret and comprehend bespoke documentation including framework contract agreements.
- Ability to understand structured products and solutions.
- Ability to challenge processes and deliver collaborative improvements
- Ability to think operationally and strategically
- Ability to lead and manage people ( note day one the role has no DR’s )
- Ability to collaborate with and influence senior colleagues
- Ability to analyse statistics and present data
Knowledge requirements :
- Knowledge of operational systems and process
- Advanced understanding of financial services and asset finance
- Knowledge of DPA, CCA, OFT, TCF, SOX, FCA CCD, KYC, AML
- Knowledge and understanding of working and dealing directly multiple stakeholders including supply chain
- Knowledge of MS Excel and other MS Office applications
- A second European Language an advantage
Salary up to £65,000 + 25% bonus + company car and usual benefits
Robinson Toms Recruitment
Shropshire SY11 3NA
Tel : + 44 (0)1691 – 670466
Fax : + 44 (0) 1691 – 672899
Robinson Toms Recruitment is a trading name of Robinson Toms Recruitment Limited. Registered in England co registration no 4081427. VAT registration no 831 6367 29
All Rights Reserved © 2000-2017
All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.