Credit Manager – Asset Finance – Manchester
This role sits within central credit at our clients. It is responsible for underwriting deals in line with the business’ credit risk appetite and policy. In addition, the role will provide credit recommendations to more senior underwriters / committees and assist the business in structuring deals to mitigate key risks arising. The role sits within the second line of defence and will have a significant delegated credit authority typically £1m
- Develop a strong understanding of our clients business model and how a deal should be structured.
- Underwrite deals within delegated credit authority and to agreed SLA. Decisions should be clearly and concisely articulated with clarity on conditions.
- Provide credit recommendations to more senior underwriters / committees.
- Work with the business to help identify key risks within a deal and structure accordingly to mitigate the risks.
- Attend customer visits where appropriate.
- Assist in preparation of in-life annual reviews for large exposures.
- Challenge processes and procedures to optimise efficiency and effectiveness to support continuous improvement.
- Assist in developing response to feedback received from external audits / internal QA process / asset audits.
- Support business and credit projects / initiatives as required.
- Encourage an open culture with regular two-way communication with the business and Central credit team.
- Act as an underwriting subject matter expert. Provide guidance to the business on credit policy, appetite and application writing.
- Proactively participate in the Credit Community.
Risk & Compliance
- Ensure that all Governance and Compliance requirements are adhered to and all reporting and reviewing activities required by the Regulatory Bodies are carried out to the standards required.
Based sustainably commutable to work from offices in central Manchester you will be graduate educated or of graduate calibre intellect.
You will possess strong communication and persuasion skills , strong analytical skills , learning and research skills , a drive to deliver customer expectations , the resilience to cope the pressure and setbacks.
Your sector experience should include :
- Proven track record of commercial underwriting new business in a B2B financial services environment
- Preferred applicants will have asset finance underwriting experience, those with asset finance and also banking underwriting experience would be ideal
- Demonstrable understanding of asset finance including risks associated with products e.g. Finance lease, Operating lease, Receivables funding and Sale & HP back
- Sound appreciation of security/legal/documentation risks
- Ability to interpret complex financial statements, with a clear understanding of cash flow cycle and balance sheet strength.
- A good appreciation of risks surrounding types of assets funded and
- Understanding of Macro Economic Climate
- Ability to work under time pressure
Salary range up to c£60,000 plus company car, bonus up to c20% plus all usual large company benefits.
Robinson Toms Recruitment
Shropshire SY11 3NA
Tel : + 44 (0)1691 – 670466
Fax : + 44 (0) 1691 – 672899
Robinson Toms Recruitment is a trading name of Robinson Toms Recruitment Limited. Registered in England co registration no 4081427. VAT registration no 831 6367 29
All Rights Reserved © 2000-2017
All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.