Senior Credit Analyst – Hard Asset Finance – Based W Midlands and home – salary up to £50,000 + bonus & benefits
Our client a prestigious international lessor requires an additional Senior Credit Analyst to join their UK & Ireland credit team focused on retail and wholesale lending to their hard asset customers.
You will work typically 50% of your time from our clients offices just south of Birmingham and 50% from home.
The Senior Credit Analyst is responsible for the investigation and analysis of credit applications in order to provide balanced, informed and reasoned commercial credit decisions based on relevant company and financial information, working as part of the Credit Department to ensure customer service levels are maintained. He/she is acting with a high degree of independence within approved credit guidelines, policies and procedures and can take decisions up to approved credit limits. He/she presents credit underwriting packages to relevant Credit Committees and support less experiences members of the team with guidance and building up knowledge.
- Responsible for accurate and efficient preparation of documentation and the credit application flow to ensure accurate and timely processing of applications
- Analyses standard, as well as nonstandard and complex credit applications and verifies credit data consistency
- Takes decisions consistent with approved credit policies, guidelines and procedures
- Gathers and compiles data to ensure that sufficient information is available to relevant Credit Committees and/or more senior decision makers
- May communicate and negotiate directly with customers/Dealer’s regarding credit deals within approved guidelines
- Participate in quality and process improvement
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external customer relationships.
- Provides guidance to junior and less experienced Credit Analysts
- Provides support as required in all areas of the credit department remit – Wholesale ( Dealers) and Retail
- Provides support as required to the credit team leader and their managers.
- Provides support to other areas of the business as required.
- Comply with all company policies, directives and guidelines.
- Comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements, including Corporate Governance, Anti-Financial Crime (Anti-Money Laundering), Anti-Corruption (Bribery Act), Competition, Data Protection, Consumer Credit Act and FSA
Applications are invited from those who have the experience and skills outlined below and who are sensibly and sustainably able to work c50% of the time from our clients offices just south of Birmingham and the balance of the time from home.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Experience in Financial services
- Experience of Credit underwriting
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Very good knowledge of financial services products
- Very good knowledge of credit assessment
- Customer focused
- Strong analytical skills in relation to financial and company information.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Ability to negotiate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst producing accurate output.
- Thorough with a high level of accuracy
- High level of IT application skills
- Ability to work in a process driven organisation
- Good level of English (oral/written)
Salary range up to £50,000 + 10% bonus and excellent benefits
Robinson Toms Recruitment
Shropshire SY11 3NA
Tel : + 44 (0)1691 – 670466
Fax : + 44 (0) 1691 – 672899
Robinson Toms Recruitment is a trading name of Robinson Toms Recruitment Limited. Registered in England co registration no 4081427. VAT registration no 831 6367 29
All Rights Reserved © 2000-2017
All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.