Senior Credit Analyst – Middle Ticket Asset & Receivables Finance – Central London to £75,000 + 40% bonus
Our bank client are fast developing as a new challenger in the middle ticket asset finance space offering Hire Purchase and Leasing finance for a full range of assets and sectors through brokers, as well as funding direct to independent asset finance houses through Block Discounting and Purchase of Receivables.
Due to expansion of their business this is a new role with the opportunity and autonomy to help build and shape a market leading Asset Finance underwriting function. The scope is to work as a senior member of the underwriting team supporting higher value deals, specialist lines and the Block Discounting and Receivables business.
This position will have responsibility for the end-to-end underwriting process; including representing the function at Credit Committees, when applicable, with the ability to influence lending decisions. The breadth of the role also entails portfolio monitoring, assisting with high risk customers and preparing management information / reports for senior management.
Given the growth and development of the business, the role offers significant scope for involvement in a range of projects, as part of the Bank’s continuous improvement of policies, processes, reporting, etc.
As a key liaison point for Asset Finance, this position will be focused across the Asset Finance business in providing market intelligence and commentary which will influence Sales, Credit, Operations, Audit, Proposal Management and Collections in ensuring that the full risk profile of assets is fully articulated in the lending process and in manging the risk profile of the book.
Key responsibilities will include :
- Timely and accurate underwriting decisions within a higher level delegated authority and recommendations to senior management and Transactional Credit Committee where outside of personal mandate
- Prepare comprehensive financial analysis identifying all material financial and other risks and opportunities in order to arrive at a balanced and informed recommendation
- Undertakes all appropriate diligence in respect of transactions, including reference to relevant bureaus, referencing agencies & other external sources ensuring alignment to the Bank’s risk policies
- Maintains active watch over portfolio performance & awareness of market trends
- Able to liaise with key customers
We are seeking applications from those able to work from central London offices and with extensive credit experience.
You must have
- Extensive experience in a relevant role within Credit / Risk Management
- The willingness, aptitude and gravitas to be a key member of a growing business
- Fundamental knowledge of accountancy and financial analysis of SME’s and corporates
- From a credit perspective, lending experience of SME and corporate clients
- Understanding of regulatory governance and ensuring compliance with lending and credit policies (including management of large exposures / concentration risk)
Ideal applicants will also have :
- Experience of Block and Middle Ticket and / or mid-term lending
- Knowledge of developing polices and processes to support new business lines
- Experience of drafting and implementing policy
Salary to £75,000 , possibly more for an exceptional applicant , plus bonus of up to 40% of salary plus all usual bank benefits.
Robinson Toms Recruitment
Shropshire SY11 3NA
Tel : + 44 (0)1691 – 670466
Fax : + 44 (0) 1691 – 672899
Robinson Toms Recruitment is a trading name of Robinson Toms Recruitment Limited. Registered in England co registration no 4081427. VAT registration no 831 6367 29
All Rights Reserved © 2000-2017
All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.